Wednesday, December 13, 2006

My Ode to Finals

The Homework Machine, oh the Homework Machine
Most perfect contraption that's ever been seen.
Just put in your homework, then drop in a dime,
Snap on the switch, and in ten seconds time,
Your homework comes out, quick and clean as can be.
Here it is - "nine plus four?" and the answer is "three."
Three?
Oh me...
I guess it's not as perfect
As I thought it would be.

- Shel Silverstein

I gave a speech on this when I was in fourth grade in front of our whole school. Now, 16 years later, I still want a homework machine.
Any takers?
New Testament final on Friday, Ecclesiastes paper due on Monday, Pastoral Care final on Monday and then Systematics Oral Exam on Tuesday
Oh where is my homework machine?

1 comment:

phillipkscott said...

Yes, it would be great, but the answers would be wrong! Tis better to have toiled and earned an A than to have never toiled at all.