Friday, June 30, 2006

It's a Bird...It's a Plane...No, it's...

I dig Superheroes.

Throughout this past year, Superheroes have crept into my life a lot more than usual. Perhaps it's happening all over the United States since films are re-appearing featuring our favorite comic book characters. Two Spiderman movies introduced me to the world of web making. Batman Begins chronicled the foundation of Batman, showing that money also posseses super powers. The new Superman movie, just released on Wednesday, revealed what happens after Superman left Lois Lane to try and find his home. Returning to my apartment after the Superman movie, I discovered in the mail a Wonder Woman shirt my mom bought me.

The Superheroes fascinate me on many levels. You have amazing story lines as characters struggle with being normal in a world while also possessing powers. A friend of mine explained to me that often their alter egos are truly the characters that they want to be. Superheroes cannot rest, very rarely not wanting to resist a call of help. In the new movie, Superman traveled to many continents all in one night rescuing people and providing hope for the communities. Not only are Superheroes amazing for their committment to restore justice and equality, but they also have the ability to fly, jump from building to building, hear everything, and hold large items. However, there is the drawback that "With great power comes great responsibility." The weight of the world is on their shoulders, both figuratively and literaly. Where was I for the last quarter of a century of my life to not be influenced by Superman, Wonder Woman, Spiderman, or Batman?

In my new search, I took a poll to figure out which superhero I am. Here are my results:
Your results:
You are Iron Man
Iron Man
100%
Superman
95%
The Flash
80%
Wonder Woman
75%
Spider-Man
70%
Robin
65%
Green Lantern
65%
Supergirl
60%
Catwoman
45%
Batman
40%
Hulk
40%
Inventor. Businessman. Genius.


I am resisting this Superhero, wanting to have a more well known figure to connect with. Beth says that this is my first step of being a Superhero, to resist who I am and not be willing to face it. I will continue with this struggle. Until then I am Super Sara...aunt, seminarian, volunteer, nerd, daughter, and friend.

1 comment:

Dana B said...

Super Sara, didn't we have some sort of superhero alter-ego scenario all planned out in the fall(other, of course, than being Dope Rappers)? Until we figure it out, you can stay Iron Man. I took the test, and apparently I am Batman, intelligent but cold and only mildly tolerant of the sidekick. hmmm...