Thursday, January 05, 2006

Babies and Puppies

Over break, I realized that two of the most wonderful creatures on earth are babies and puppies. Let me explain...

First there is Carly (Brittney and Johnathan's puppy). He is ADORABLE and is so much fun to watch. Puppies are inquisitive and always wondering what is going on with all parts of the world, much like a baby. Plus, I just love it when Carly cuddles up in my lap, even though she takes over my whole lap and my whole body. The beauty of dogs is that they constantly love you - they want to be with you and they are always so excited to see you. My sister's dog, Scout, is the same way. He and I bonded a lot while I was in Fort Campbell, KY as I took him for walks, played with his toys, and rubbed his back. Eventually he started to whimper as I left the room and follow me around the house. Constant love - so easy! Plus, the way that he pounces on his toys and always brings the toys whenever I get out of bed is precious.

Babies always provide peace and comfort to me and my Christmas break continued to show me that. My baby cousin (1 1/2 years old) came to our house over break with my uncle and aunt and boy was he adorable! The most beautiful sound that rung through the house was his baby giggle...I always loved that word and I believe it is because the giggle is the purest form of joy - nothing is bothering you, you are just at the ultimate form of happiness, love, and joy. The second baby I fell in love with is the one still in my sister's tummy. Her name (as long as the ultrasound is correct) is Kayleigh Elizabeth and I got to hear her heartbeat on Tuesday night. Birth is such a miracle and it is amazing for me to think that there is a little person inside of my sister, who will soon join the world and our family.

Babies and puppies - two beautiful creatures of God that bring such joy to my heart. Wonderful blessings do come in small packages!

1 comment:

Dana B said...

Man, I like babies and puppies, too. We should get some of those for 1095 N. Jamestown. See you soon, S Pugh!